Wednesday, March 19, 2008

creative writing

My idols life story

Before I got my pony, I was a loser. I wasn’t even on the cheerleading team when I was twelve. None of the kids wanted to hang out with me. They were too busy smoking pot behind the 7-11. I guess you could say I was kinda a nerd. I read science fiction and pretended that I was in it. I made realistic space shuttles and would have my dad shake them furiously to get the feel of take off. I would be winded and exhausted. My mom would make me a tuna fish sandwich without the tuna. When I was twelve I colored in pokemon coloring books. I didn’t color in the lines. Pikachu was my favorite. I was the biggest pokemon dealer on the block. All the kids came to me to get their fix. Sixth grade was rough for me. My Pokemon career helped but it couldn’t hide my pain. One day after a boy had thrown a ham sandwich at me, I went home and sat in my spaceship and picked the ham out of my hair. My mom knocked on the side. “Aggie, can you come out of there please?” I replied by growling like a beast. “Well just look at this...” her voice faded away as a pink paper fell into my world. CHEER TRYOUTS Well I guess it wouldn’t hurt. Suddenly a cow boy galloped up to the house. “Neeeeigh” said the cowboy. “Hi daddy.” “Whets that you’re riding?” “Well it’s a pony, Ag.” “Oh, it looks like a big dog.” “It’s for you!” “Um ok?”
The next day she rode her pony to school. All the kids crowded around Aggie! “You are so popular!” they shouted. Aggie grinned. She was hot stuff. That day Aggie tried out for the cheer team. She got captain! Apparently she had a hidden cheer talent. Who knew!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Kara- sometimes I think that this is you that you talk about, yet soem things don't fit like the pokemon. Where do you find your inspiration? Your ideas are so unique! :)

j.Irv said...

I have to ask you who this is about. It sounds to me to be a reflection on your own life. I am really glad that you decided to not do drugs like the other kids were doing. It takes a strong person to not give into pure pressure. I also thinks its cool how you, I mean your friend, has a pony and likes to color pickachu coloring books. Thats sweet!