Friday, February 1, 2008

an art that inspired me...

art that inspired me was when i was at the Getty Museum in LA. It was a really nice warm day and we were at the museum. At first i was really bored it was quite dull but then we saw some really pretty antique art. it was old and looked like a photograph it was so realistic. you could not see any of the brush marks and i was shocked that they had made this before the days of cameras and computers, I saw a famous painting of a woman with a nice unibrow. i dont remember who she was but i know she was famous! I saw lots of other art like that in that style. The portraits of people were very inspiring due to the fact that they showed all sorts of emotion and told the story of the people of the time.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Kara- You may have seena different picture, but I think that the portrait of the woman with the unibrow was probably Frida Kahlo's self portrait. She was a very famous artist and is inspirational to alot of people. I think that its really cool that you are inspired by artwork!
Annie