Monday, February 25, 2008

creativ writing

1) I found that writing the play was really fun and enjoyable. Ive never writen a play or read a lot of them outside of school. Wathcing the video clips in class and writing the play and group work broaden my horizons. I may even want to read a play outside of school. I had trouble with the play because i wanted to add all sorts of background information in and that is hard ebcause you cant have the author speaking the background info.

2)The advice i would give to a younger kid would be to be tough. In this day and age people have got to be tough. If you arent tough people will take your jobs away, your oppurtunity and just push you around. Also kids should learn to be themseleves. It will make your life 100% more better. not being your self will lead to all sorts of bad things such as drugs and bad thoughts. Youngsters need to respect people. A lot of younger kids- such as the kids i nanny, are always serving adittude. Kids need to stop this before it gets out of hand and someone punches them.

3)For a great piece of writing to last hundereds of years and still be popular, it must be a great piece of writing to read. It has to be relateable. An example would be romeo and juliet. Some of the ideas would not be used-marrying off your children at 14, but ideas of love at first sight and doing anything for love, are still ideas that people today love to read or watch. A 1000 page book about how to churn butter made in the 1400s maybe exciting to others but not to me! I dont really see my play being one that is around for ages. I dont think its that special or unique so it probably will not become popular.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I really like the advice you give! It's not fun and takes too much work to pretend to be someone you aren't. I also like the advice to be tough. It's important to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.

Tashi D said...

I really liked your play and can tell taht you enjoyed writing it. yea, little kids these days got attitudes for sure. and classic plays have to be relatable.

j.Irv said...

I hate when kids act all tough. They need to respect their elders. I was one of those difficult kids when i was younger who fought with other kids and never listened to my parents. Now that I am older though I listen to them most of the time and I value their opinions.